We are proud to announce that we are once again looking to grow our OE family, if you are interested in starting or continuing your career in events a role as an Events Executive with us may be the perfect fit.
Outsourced Events Ltd is one of the UK’s leading end-to-end event management providers to the IT and professional services industries, as well as the Association and not-for-profit sectors. With over 20 years experience organising in-person events, last year we quickly translated our knowledge and expertise into the virtual format and have helped clients successfully execute their events.
Set up in 2001 by two of the directors, we now service more than 40 clients and run upwards of 200 events a year. Based in London, the majority of events are held across EMEA and increasingly, worldwide. Most projects are customer and prospect focussed conferences, exhibitions and seminars targeting decision makers within the IT teams of large organisations. The company continues to grow its portfolio of events for the not-for-profit and associations’ sector which already has a number of significant clients.
To find out more about the events we run head over to Our Work where you can read case studies and client testimonials.
The event management team handles all aspects of the project management for client events particularly focussing on delegate and sponsor experience. This includes venue sourcing, virtual platform selection, logistics liaison and management right the way through to onsite delivery. As an organisation great pride is taken in delivering the highest quality of service to all clients and these relationships are absolutely key to the ongoing growth of Outsourced Events.
You will join a small, friendly team of 20 based in West London, all of whom have a wealth of experience and knowledge in event management. By joining a small company, you will be given the opportunity to work across a number of projects and tasks which will provide you with the exposure to new experiences and the opportunity to learn fast on the job.
As an Event Executive you will be reporting directly to the project lead for each event as well as your line manager for day-to-day issues. We have started flexible working, and you will be expected to work from both the Chiswick office and at home.
Key roles and responsibilities
As an Event Executive you will be expected to complete the following tasks across live, virtual and hybrid events:
- Working with the event project leads to develop an event plan for each of the client events
- Venue sourcing and liaising for each new project. These can range from small unusual spaces right the way through to large conference hotels and training facilities. You would be expected to work closely with the team to find appropriate venues and arrange for quotations. You will also work on the PowerPoint presentation for delivery to the client within the timescales set
- Sourcing and managing merchandising including the delivery of those items ensuring that they clear customs within each region in time
- Sourcing hotel bedrooms, preparing, managing and cross-referencing rooming lists
- Answering the phone to incoming calls and dealing with queries relating to the events being run
- Responding to regular queries coming in on the event-specific email address
- Preparing FAQ sheets for various projects and becoming the “font of all knowledge” on your assigned events
- Preparing and managing the distribution of delegate joining instructions
- Preparing weekly reports to be sent to clients after Event Director review
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations
- Gaining competitive quotes for outsourced services
- Evaluation form creation and analysis
- Implementing the deadlines within the project plan
- Going onsite to events and helping register delegates on the day
- Sponsor liaison on events, where this is required, to include chasing for all orders including power, furniture, internet requirements, collating these items into a spreadsheet and communicating their order back to the supplier
- Managing the online inventory for designated client accounts
The above list is not intended to be exhaustive – as each project is different.
We are looking for someone who has the following skills and attributes:
- Strong communication skills particularly face-to-face
- Excellent attention to detail and project oriented
- Time management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to take responsibility for ensuring deadlines are met
- Good understanding of Excel and PowerPoint
- Very organised and structured; logical and analytical mind
- Ability to digest information and present it within PowerPoint in a clear and logical fashion whilst ensuring consistency of format and branding
- The desire to learn new skills and really take ownership of the role that you are fulfilling
- Hard working and dedicated team player
- Excellent command of oral and written English
- Fluency in another language would also be beneficial but not essential
- Ability to travel overseas for site visits and onsite attendance at events
If you believe that you will be the right fit for our team and are interested in applying for the role, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
To read more about careers in the event industry, you can read Judit’s article Everything You Ever Needed to Know about Becoming an Event Manager.