We are looking for a an Event Co-ordinator (Student Placement) to join our busy events team to help plan and deliver a varied range of events across our technology and association clients.
This is a 1 year office based placement, from July 2024 - June 2025.
About Outsourced Events
For over 21 years, we have been delivering high-quality live and virtual events to some of the largest technology and association organisations. Working for Outsourced Events is not just a job. Our success has only been made possible thanks to the dedication and passion of our employees, who we consider to be members of the “OE Family”. We work hard and laugh often as we strive to deliver exceptional events and experiences.
This is a great opportunity to join our London B2B Events Agency. We pride ourselves on our close relationships with our clients, many of which are global players.
The event management team handles all aspects of project management for client events and tradeshows. This includes venue and supplier sourcing, logistics liaison and management right the way through to onsite delivery and post-event analysis. As an organisation great pride is taken in delivering the highest quality of service to all clients. You will join a small, friendly team of approximately 37 based in West London, all of whom have a wealth of experience and knowledge in event management. You will be given the opportunity to work across multiple projects and tasks which will provide you with the exposure to new experiences and the chance to work within a fantastic team of kind, friendly and passionate individuals. Typical projects may include live, virtual and hybrid events and tradeshows.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
Working across live, virtual and hybrid events:
The role will be mainly focussed on supporting the Events Team to deliver our portfolio of events through our high quality customer service but may also involve occasional support of other departments.
The role will include:
- Working onsite at live global events
- Finding potential venues for future events
- Processing and managing confidential client data and working to tight deadlines
- Researching and reporting on event merchandise based on the client brief
- Arranging for gifts & delegate packs to be issued
- Preparing PowerPoint proposals
- Preparing internal reports for event debrief meetings
- Managing event accommodation lists
- Preparing delegate joining instructions for future events
- Liaising with delegates to confirm attendance at events
- Managing the main line calls and dealing with queries relating to events
- Dedicated training and support from industry experts
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Extremely organised and structured; logical and analytical mind
- Excellent attention to detail and project oriented
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive and friendly attitude
- Hardworking and passionate, with the desire to learn new skills and take ownership of the role
- Good time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, creating documents in line with company branding
- Ability to travel overseas occasionally to attend events, as needed
Small friendly team, pension scheme, 25 days holiday, get your birthday off, personal development plan, access to onsite gym, participation in team socials and activities, opportunity to travel.
Position contact: Elizabeth Coles, Head of People & Culture, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the form below as fully as possible and if you're successful we'll be in touch in due course to arrange an initial conversation. Please note, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to every candidate.