We are looking for an experienced Employee Relations and Human Resources Manager to join our fabulous, growing, and award-winning team.
Outsourced Events is powered by amazing people. We are looking for an experienced Employee Relations/Human Resources Manager to join our fabulous, growing and award-winning team.
This is a fantastic role, supporting both managers and employees with the full employee life-cycle to help attract, retain, and engage the team to ensure we are a wonderful place to work.
A new, stand-alone role reporting to the CEO, you will be the go-to person for all things HR. This role would suit an existing ER/HR Manager or an advisor ready to take the next step. Whichever applies to you, Outsourced Events is a fast-paced, vibrant, creative and talented team and you will need to hit the ground running.
The Role & Responsibilities
- Manage the recruitment, selection and induction process working closely with the team member who requires the resource.
- Create the job description, identify the best advertising strategy, short-list applicants and support the interview and recruitment process.
- Manage the company’s appraisal system and conduct appraisal meetings.
- Provide advice and support to the team when building personal development plans.
- Provide first line advice on existing benefits for employees and managers.
- Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment and share best practice with them.
- Monitor various aspects of an employee’s performance including attendance and sick leave.
- Review existing HR policies and procedures and develop new ones to drive performance and mitigate disputes. Continue to monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary.
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Support change management processes.
- Develop and implement a system to obtain regular feedback from the team focusing on their satisfaction with the role, their happiness, and wellbeing.
- Work closely with the business leaders and wider team to provide employee engagement.
- Be the “go-to” person for advice and support particularly in relation to employee management and wellbeing.
- Handling any disciplinary processes and formal grievances.
Candidates must have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Proven HR generalist experience of three to five years.
- CIPD qualification (preferred).
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Good working knowledge of UK Employment law.
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers through growth and change.
- Current knowledge of diversity, inclusion, and wellbeing best practice.
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy.
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team.
Outsourced Events’ Benefits
- Small friendly team (35 and growing).
- Team activities including residential two-day company meet up, summer BBQ, monthly all-team meet-ups, organised social activities.
- Complimentary access to office gym.
- Commitment to training (Head of Learning & Development in place).
- Blended contract with offices based in West London.
- Pension and bonus scheme.
- 25 days annual leave for FTE including three days for the week-long office closure at Christmas.
- Birthday day off.
- Enhanced maternity / paternity packages available.
We are looking for a superstar and will pay a rate reflecting your experience. However, the salary is likely to be in the range of £45-50K (FTE) pro-rated. This is a role with an attractive and competitive salary for the right candidate who is looking to grow with us.
How To Apply
Please email your CV alongside a cover email outlining why you think you would be the perfect fit for our team to email@example.com with “HR Manager” in the subject line.
Please note: due to the high number of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate.
Outsourced Events Ltd is one of the UK’s leading end-to-end event management providers to the IT and professional services industries, as well as the Association and not-for-profit sectors.
Set up in 2001 by two of the directors, it now services more than 50 clients and runs upwards of 200 events a year.
Based in London, the majority of events are held across EMEA and increasingly, worldwide. Most projects are customer- and prospect-focused conferences, exhibitions, and seminars targeting decision makers within the IT teams of large organisations or multi-stream association conferences with a particular focus on healthcare.
The company has exciting growth plans for the next three years across all areas.