We're looking for an Event Executive to join our busy events team to plan and deliver a varied range of events across our technology and association events.
Founded in 2001 and based in Hammersmith, Outsourced Events Ltd is a multi-award winning end-to-end event management provider. Specialising within the IT and professional services industries, as well as the Association and not-for-profit sectors. The team work globally, across more than 50 clients and run upwards of 250 events a year. Our projects focus on conferences, exhibitions and roadshows targeting decision makers within large organisations or membership bodies.
Playing an important project role in an organisation with great potential for expansion and growth, you will join a growing team of 37, all of whom have a wealth of experience and knowledge in event management.
The team takes great pride in delivering the highest quality of service to all clients and these relationships are absolutely key to the ongoing growth of Outsourced Events. There is a great atmosphere of collaboration, respect, trust, and integrity amongst our team.
- Going onsite to events, liaising with sponsors and helping register delegates on the day
- Working with the event project leads to develop project plans for each of the client events in Monday.com
- Attending calls with the client and updating them on progress.
- Providing updates to be included in weekly client status reports submitted in a timely fashion
- Responding to regular queries coming in on the event-specific email address
- Venue liaison for each new project, working closely with the administration team to find appropriate venues, arranging quotations and presenting the findings back to the client using PowerPoint within the timescales set
- Sourcing hotel bedrooms, preparing, managing and cross-referencing rooming lists
- Preparing and managing the distribution of delegate joining instructions
- Creating proposals of ideas for audience engagement (particularly relevant to tradeshows)
- Gathering competitive quotes for outsourced services
- Preparing FAQ sheets for various projects and becoming the “font of all knowledge” on your assigned events
- Speaker management and liaison to include chasing for expenses and ensuring these get paid in a timely fashion
- Liaising with event organisers to understand the process behind any shipments including deadlines, how the goods should be addressed and the method for picking up any left-over items once the event has finished. Communicating that process to the Warehouse Manager
- Sponsor liaison on events, where this is required, to include chasing for all orders including power, furniture, internet requirements, collating these items into a spreadsheet and communicating their order back to the supplier
- Creating event evaluation forms for distribution and analysing the responses
- Answering the phone to incoming calls and dealing with queries relating to the events being run
Key qualities required
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in an events role
- Ability to travel overseas for site visits and onsite attendance at events
- Strong communication skills with an excellent command of oral and written English
- Excellent attention to detail and project oriented
- Time management skills, ensuring deadlines are met
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Good understanding of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Very organised and structured; logical and analytical mind
- The desire to learn new skills and really take ownership of the role that you are fulfilling
- Hard working and dedicated team player
Outsourced Events’ Benefits
- Office based role with the opportunity to work from home, as required
- Team activities including residential 2-day company meet up, summer BBQ, monthly all-team meet-ups, organised social activities
- Working with our Head of Learning & Development to enhance your skills and find opportunities for career progression and promotion
- 25 days annual leave including three days for the week-long office closure at Christmas
- Birthday day off
- Pension and bonus scheme
- Complimentary access to office gym
- Enhanced maternity / paternity packages available
£23-27.5K per annum, dependent upon experience
How To Apply
Please email your CV alongside a cover email outlining why you think you would be the perfect fit for our
team to email@example.com with “Event Executive” in the subject line, or complete this form.
Please complete the form below as fully as possible and if you're successful we'll be in touch in due course to arrange an initial conversation. Please note, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to every candidate.