Outsourced Events Ltd is one of the UK’s leading end-to-end event management providers to the IT and professional services industries, as well as the Association and not-for-profit sectors. Set up in 2001 by two of the directors, it now services more than 40 clients and runs upwards of 200 events a year. Headquartered in London, the majority of events are held across EMEA and increasingly, worldwide. Most projects are customer and prospect focussed conferences, exhibitions and seminars targeting decision makers within the IT teams of large organisations. The company continues to grow its portfolio of events for the not-for-profit and associations’ sector which already has a number of significant clients. As a consequence of the COVID pandemic and the subsequent cancellation of live events, the business has developed a Virtual event offering which has proved very successful with existing and new clients.
The event management team handles all aspects of the project management for client events, including managing the event budget. As an organisation great pride is taken in delivering the highest quality of service to all clients and these relationships are absolutely key to the ongoing growth of Outsourced Events. Our clients have come to rely on us for expert budget management and this is achieved by the finance and event teams working closely together on both project and client level. You will join a small, friendly team of 20 and will work across all projects and client finances, becoming the go-to team member for client related budgets.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Working on a full time basis although will consider applicants for 20+ hours per week, typically on an agreed number of hours each day.
- Lead all aspects of the client finance reporting function
- Identify client reporting requirements and action as required
- Develop a good knowledge of client’s finance systems and their impact on our service
- Review and improve internal range of budget templates
- Liaise with your event team members to ensure budgets are set up, ensure timely review of each budget, help and advise where necessary
- Attend client calls/meetings and present updates on any budget issues
- Maintain larger budgets as required
- Lead project credit control and sponsor invoicing functions
- Reconcile budgets to internal accounting system
- Reconcile project cash to internal accounting system
- Liaise closely with financial accounting team on any updates and journals required
- Day to day project budget management and queries
- Prepare statements for client recharges
- Ad Hoc reports, both internally and for clients
The above list is not intended to be exhaustive – as each project is different.
- You will report on a day to day basis directly to the Finance Manager as well as the CFO and Board of Directors.
- You will liaise closely with the financial accounting team.
Key qualities required:
- Ability to multi-task and work across a number of projects and clients whilst maintaining the required standard of service
- Highly self-motivated, reliable and with a professional manner at all times
- Hard working and dedicated team player
- Hands on approach is required
- Proven experience on project accounting as well as standard accounting practice and nominal ledgers
- Professional qualification preferred but will also consider qualified by experience
- Ability to communicate clearly in a non- technical fashion to clients and team members
- Strong Microsoft Excel and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Sage and ideally Xero accounting packages
- Knowledge of non-UK VAT and impact on client budgets
- Knowledge of Purchase Order systems and impact on actual event finances
- Methodical approach to monitoring current work and keen attention to detail
- Ability to work without heavy supervision as the role will involve largely working remotely.
- Excellent command of oral and written English