We’re expanding and looking for event executives to join our team
We’re powered by amazing people and we are looking for an experienced event executive to join a busy events team to plan and deliver a varied range of events across our technology and association events.
You will be part of a friendly and focussed team that is passionate about all events. We are looking for someone who can drive projects forward, juggle conflicting priorities and deliver memorable event experiences for our clients.
About Outsourced Events
For 20 years we have been delivering high-quality live events to some of the largest technology and association organisations, underpinned by our unwavering mission to “unlock human and business potential through compelling experiences in an increasingly digital world”.
With drive and enthusiasm for every event we help create at the heart of our culture, working for Outsourced Events is not just a job. Our success has only been made possible thanks to the dedication and passion of our employees, who we consider to be members of the “OE Family”. We work hard and laugh often as we strive to deliver exceptional events.
Outsourced Events has recently launched Outsourced Engagement, a new suite of complementary services providing end-to-end marketing.
The Role & Responsibilities
No two events are the same but our Event Executives will be responsible for the following areas:
- Working with the event project leads to develop an event plan for each of the client events
- Venue sourcing and liaising for each new project. These can range from small unusual spaces right the way through to large conference hotels and training facilities. You would be expected to work closely with the team to find appropriate venues and arrange for quotations. You will also work on the PowerPoint presentation for delivery to the client within the timescales set
- Sourcing and managing merchandising including the delivery of those items ensuring that they clear customs within each region in time
- Sourcing hotel bedrooms, preparing, managing and cross-referencing rooming lists
- Answering the phone to incoming calls and dealing with queries relating to the events being run
- Responding to regular queries on the event-specific email address
- Preparing FAQ sheets for various projects and becoming the “font of all knowledge” on your assigned events
- Preparing and managing the distribution of delegate joining instructions
- Preparing weekly reports to be sent to clients after Event Director review
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations
- Gaining competitive quotes for outsourced services
- Evaluation form creation and analysis
- Implementing the deadlines within the project plan
- Going onsite to events and helping register delegates on the day
- Sponsor liaison on events, where this is required, to include chasing for all orders including power, furniture, internet requirements, collating these items into a spreadsheet and communicating their order back to the supplier
- Managing the online inventory for designated client accounts
- Strong communication skills particularly face-to-face
- Excellent attention to detail and project oriented
- Time management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to take responsibility for ensuring deadlines are met
- Good understanding of Excel and PowerPoint
- Very organised and structured; logical and analytical mind
- Ability to digest information and present it within PowerPoint in a clear and logical fashion whilst ensuring consistency of format and branding
- The desire to learn new skills and really take ownership of the role that you are fulfilling
- Hard working and dedicated team player
- Excellent command of oral and written English
- Fluency in another language would also be beneficial but not essential
- Ability to travel overseas for onsite attendance at events
Outsourced Events Benefits
- Small friendly team
- Opportunity to work across multiple project types within the technology and association sectors
- Variety of event styles across virtual, hybrid and in-person formats working with a number of clients including household names
- Blended contract with offices based in West London
- Access to onsite gym
We are looking for an events superstar and will pay a rate reflecting your experience. However, the salary is likely to be in the range of £23K-£25K. This is a role with an attractive and competitive salary for the right candidate who is looking to grow with us.
How To Apply
Please email your CV alongside a message outlining your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Event Executive” in the subject line. Please note, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to every candidate.