- Office based with some home working
About Outsourced Events
For over 21 years, we have been delivering high-quality live events to some of the largest technology and association organisations. Working for Outsourced Events is not just a job. Our success has only been made possible thanks to the dedication and passion of our employees, who we consider to be members of the “OE Family”. We work hard and laugh often as we strive to deliver exceptional events and experiences.
This is a great opportunity to join our London B2B Events Agency in an exciting growth phase. We pride ourselves on our close relationships with our clients, many of which are global players. To maintain our ongoing growth, we’re now looking to strengthen the team by recruiting an Inventory Administrator to support our clients, our Warehouse Manager and the wider events team with the delivery of our Event Assistant retained service.
As part of the Event Assistant service we store pull-up banners, pop-up stands, merchandise give-aways and marketing collateral within the OE warehouse in racks for clients. The latest stock availability is displayed on an online portal and clients place orders through this portal (similar to an online store such as Amazon). The warehouse team receive the order, pick and pack the items and coordinate with the shipping agent to have these delivered to the venue requested. As Inventory Assistant you will liaise with the clients, venue, organisers and the warehouse team to ensure the items are delivered in a timely fashion and following the process required by each organiser.
Ideally, you’ll be available to start right away. You’ll come from an administrative background with strong organisational skills and ideally an understanding of events and international shipping (although not essential).
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Acting as the primary contact for key clients, liaising with them regarding their shipping requirements to and from events and coordinating the ordering of merchandise, event collateral and branding as required.
- Working closely with the Event Directors/Managers responsible for the client relationships to understand each project requirements.
- Supporting the development of systems and processes to record, monitor and track the progress of each inventory order placed in conjunction with the Warehouse Manager.
- Sourcing potential suppliers in the event locations to produce items such as pull up banners, printed brochures and to produce signage if required.
- Tracking the shipments progress from when it has left the warehouse to its arrival at the venue.
- Supporting the provision of paperwork required to ensure that the items are cleared through customs.
- Liaising with event organisers to understand the process behind the shipments including deadlines, how the goods should be addressed and the method for picking up any left-over items once the event has finished. Communicating that process to the warehouse manager.
- Attending calls with the client and updating them on progress.
- Providing updates to be included in weekly client status reports submitted in a timely fashion.
- Recording any costs incurred within a master client inventory tracker, updating weekly.
- Communicating these anticipated costs with finance.
- Working with the OE Finance Team to ensure that the costs are invoiced to the client quickly to ensure that payment is received in good time to pay all suppliers before the event takes place.
NB: The above list is not intended to be exhaustive – as each project is different.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in an administrative role – preferably in an events role and/or managing shipping internationally.
- Excellent team player with strong communication and customer service skills
- Experience of tracking costs within a budget.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Very organised and structured; logical and analytical mind.
- Ability to take responsibility for ensuring deadlines are met.
- Good understanding of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Hard working and dedicated team player.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Shares the same values and ethos as the rest of the team.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A passion for delivering an excellent service
Salary: £25-30,000 per annum dependent upon experience
OE Benefits: Small friendly team, pension scheme, 25 days holiday, get your birthday off, personal development plan, access to onsite gym, participation in team socials and activities.
Position contact: Sue Frye, Director, email@example.com