Are you passionate about events? Do you love working with people face to face? Have you got an eye for detail and organisation? Do you love travelling? Then get in touch because we might have just the job for you!
It’s been rather an exciting year for the team at Outsourced Events and following some new client wins, we’re looking for some more talented folk to join our team.
We’re looking for an Event Manager to project manage our clients events from conception to onsite delivery as well as to be the day to day liaison with client accounts, line manage direct reports and assist with the resource planning and budgeting for event delivery across the business.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- 360° event project management , leading a small project team
- Creation of project plans with key milestones and deadlines
- Creative process management, overseeing the management of copywriters, translation companies and designers on event marketing and collateral
- Generate creative ideas for event themes, formats and translating client briefs into an engaging delegate experience
- Working with our internal digital team on event specific digital marketing – eDM, social media and websites
- Appointment and management of venues and suppliers
- Negotiation of the best value rates
- Preparing weekly reports for clients on specific projects
- PPTs for project overview, post event reports and delivering project information
- Deliver the project plan including hitting deadlines.
- Onsite event delivery across EMEA.
- Liaison with key stakeholders within OE as well as client project teams
- Keep up to date with industry developments and best practice initiatives
- Post event debrief and reporting
- Line manage direct reports; managing performance and workload, resource allocation and conducting personal development reviews within a small project team
- Motivate and influence the team
- Build and manage internal relationships with senior colleagues
- Work with other managers within the events team to ensure smooth operational delivery of all events and ensure workload and resourcing priorities are met
- Understand the overall client strategy and support senior managers in its delivery.
- Mentor junior colleagues in the team to develop their skills and event management expertise
- Work with other senior colleagues, ensure creativity, innovation and collaboration are at the core of all engaging experiences being delivered.
- Reporting structure
You will report to an Event Director
Normal location: Outsourced Events Ltd offices, Chiswick, London. This job does require travelling so the successful candidate will need to travel across EMEA on a regular basis.
Key qualities required
- At least five years’ experience working in the B2B events industry
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Good negotiator
- People manager
- Excellent attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Good understanding of all Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
- Very organised and structured – able to plan timelines and deliver projects on schedule
- Logical and analytical mind
- Strong administration skills
- Creative thinker
- Ability to keep cool under pressure
- Hard working with a can-do attitude
- Team player
- Ability to digest information and present it within PowerPoint in a clear and logical fashion whilst ensuring consistency of format and branding
- A knowledge of the IT sector would be a bonus
- Fluency in another language would also be beneficial but not essential